Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Wisdom To Know the Difference


When I was in high school, I became a peer counselor for a social work agency in central New York when I first learned the Serenity Prayer and thought deeply of the motto used by many agencies as inspirational verse. Lately, I've been saying the prayer before I go to sleep so I can calm my brain about my learning and to let me rest without worrying about the world and all the changes that will come my way because of it. In this early March of 2011, I'm shifting the possibilities of what tomorrow will bring and am relying on the ways wisdom presents itself. Decisions need to be made and I want serenity with the choices I made.

I offer this song today for all of us who can use the courage offered in the prayer. It may be simplistic in my philosophy, but I've used these words to guide me on many occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment