Wednesday, August 24, 2011

silent footage


I could ask you to pick up your computer screen and have you shake it. This, I could say, simulates the earthquake felt by the Virginia fault line that shook buildings on the eastern coast.

But more interesting is the potential landfall of a northeastern hurricane being watched by weather gurus around the world. I've read books on hurricanes that brought damage to Long Island and I've speculated that it was only a matter of time before another one hits. When they don't, the confidence of people builds and they move closer to the shoreline. After they do, people are left to ask, "What was I thinking?"

Although I'd hate to see anything catastrophic, mother nature is showing once again that she is queen of Russian Roulette.

Only time will tell.

Here, I found home video footage of damage from the early 1900s. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment