Friday, December 30, 2011

Wow, 2011 is almost over


And I am finally catching up with the times through the purchase of an Apple IPhone and the introduction of Angry Birds, Words with Friends, and vocal text messaging. Nice to have a device that doesn't allow me much time away from it. Its just what I needed - access to the digital world 24/7 with more distractions and interruptions.

I am far from a luddite but I do long for the days where tv was the only white noise in the world and when you still could curl up on the couch and tune everyone out. Now I hear ding, Ding, Ping, ping all the time with a beckoning for more work to be done (or another word to be played).

I suppose 2012 will be the year of negotiating priorities with the world in the palm of my hands. I look forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!
    If you need a Words with Friends friend, well, I'd love to lose to ya.
    :)
    Kevin
    (dogtrax)

    ReplyDelete