Monday, October 31, 2011

For Mom, Day After Da Dome


Every November in Cherry Heights that I can remember meant the end of Cynde's Field Band Season, the arrival of turkey, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and a thursday of field band and drum corp competitions on PBS. Knowing Nikki, Cynde's daughter, was performing last night in the dome, I looked up the DCI to see what the latest national bands were up to. It is good to know the sound and drill is still fantastic, alive, and neat to watch.

I'm sure my mom (even my dad) will enjoy this brief compilation of the 2011 World DCI championship. After all, drumbeats and horns were a major part of the music knew when we were young. As my mom often says, "I still get goosebumps when a band performs at their best."

Congratulations, Nikki, on another year at the Dome, following in your mother's footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment