Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dedicated to the 'Tives in Key West


My parents have left Syracuse, New York, for the first time in a long time. Looking out at the snow banks and channeling the northern winds, I can't imagine why they'd want to leave. But they have and I am proud of them.

I was singing the trailer song to THE GOLDEN GIRLS all day while thinking about their flight to sunny Florida. Although Rose, Blanche, and Sophia never entertained Butch and Sue, I'm hoping that my uncle Milford and Aunt Sue are offering the best sitcom they can.

I envy the temperature and scenery of their experience and I wish them the best mini-vacation ever. It is greatly deserved. I will pretend I'm on the beach listening to the seagulls and lapping waves with them. And I will celebrate the fact that we may hit 40 degrees while they're gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment