Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pep Talk


I met with my advisor today and admitted, over the weekend, I was ready to throw the towel in to this dissertation thing. When my heat went out, I was like ready for a good cry. I bucked-up, however, and have moved on to persevere. As they say, "it's not a race...it's a marathon," and although Rosie O'Donnell is this clip, she's not singing.

Kellymet me, however, with this clip from You Tube. She said, "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it." After watching the clip, I'm not sure where the connection is, but the clip cracked me up. I felt like that player (I admit, I've never seen the movie) and could have fallen apart with just the right word. I was close to the edge of defeat. I feel like I'm playing on a league of my own.

But, I didn't get there. There will be a time when I say "I worked harder than ever before, but I never want to do that again." Editing 30 pages is rough. Editing over 200 is taxing. I guess Kelly is right. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Off to the library I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment