Saturday, February 12, 2011

Feel Free To Translate


My friend from my undergraduate days, Terrance Cheng, has published another book. I treated myself to reading this work on the flight home and it makes me rather proud to know my ol' college bud has scripted his second novel. He was always an inspiration to me because he remained his own person and kept his integrity when we were students. It is fascinating to see how his prose has continued to fuse his culture, his American identity, and his ability to weave a story. It's cool for me to think...I knew him when.
"Deep In The Mountain," his book, was about a chubby Chinese kid learning to find himself through meeting an experienced artist in Shanghei. I hope to get in contact with him soon to see what his next project is.

No comments:

Post a Comment