Thursday, February 3, 2011

Long Stories, Short


Because of the incoming weather, I had to work a few miracles to get a flight out of Syracuse before the snow hit (which, by the way, I've learned never hit). After a series of miracles, schedules, and availability, I was scheduled to take off and land around midnight a day early. Just a little stress before the added stress of having to present my research in front of strangers. I've never been at the airport when it was so still. The only flights taking off were the ones heading to the south. The midwest and northeast are practically paralyzed. All hype and little delivery.

I used the few hours in the air to get papers graded. The usual cacophony of the airport wasn't as abundant. Instead, there were just many anticipating the snow to come. The stillness was eerie.

PS: I think that's Nancy M's voice on the intercom!

No comments:

Post a Comment