Saturday, April 2, 2011

And I thought mom's blue eyeshadow in the 80s was bad

Got milk at Walmart last night. Usually I run into Price Chopper, but I've overdosed on that store this week and needed a change of pace. Cynde needed milk, too, and Nikki and Dylan came along.

I know this is politically incorrect, but I found this Walmart song/video online. Although it hints at our experience last night, it doesn't come close to the real thing - especially the highlight of a 300 pound woman in a short raincoat, no pants, and blue raccoon makeup around her eyes. She wore bright red lipstick an inch above and below her lips, and was buying a selection of fried foods from their counter: chicken, cheese sticks, mushrooms, etc.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. Nikki posted it immediately on Facebook, but I needed a few more hours to process the event. I am naive, I suppose, and live in a cave. The experience of stepping into WalMart last night, as stereotypical as I'm being, is truly an event.

Yes, the head is still shaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment