Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thinking back in time


A student and I were talking last night about the volume of information available to everyone at all times and how, at times, it is overwhelming. I used an example of the days where there were few channels to choose from and where you knew what you wanted to watch and when. I thought about THE WONDER YEARS and the episode where the gym teacher has to teach sex education.

I post that scene today. It still cracks me up. It captured a moment in time. Now, if I wanted to, I could google it and find all types of free material that I'd rather not know about.

Ah, times have changed.

I guess I'm getting old. I want Little House on the Prairie and the Waltons. I don't need Jersey Shore or any of the channels past 10 (okay, maybe I will one day...I've always said, when I retire, I'm going to watch everything I missed in the theaters and on television throughout my life).

Have a good Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment