Sunday, April 17, 2011

Personification


I tell you what. It's not easy sticking to my 2011 blogging resolution, but I have to admit that it gives me something else to preoccupy my brain for a couple of seconds. It is my custom to post right before going to bed and I use Cacophony to reflect on the noise of my life, but also to say, "Yo, you did something other than work on your dissertation today."

I had a fire going last night and began to think about how I've been glued into this seat more than I've ever sat before. I'm usually much more active, but I seriously sit for more than ten hours day. It's just not healthy. There's an indent in my cushion!

I told my sister's husband, Dave, I wouldn't mind getting rid of my furniture because after this experience, I don't think I'll ever enjoy sitting on it. I don't view it as a space for chilling out at home anymore. It is office furniture provided to the prison cell from which I write.

This isn't about my rambling, however. This is because the chair has something to say.

PS: "Cough Dop" is chair-lingo for "Cough Drop." It's not a typo (yeah, right).

No comments:

Post a Comment