Saturday, November 12, 2011

small distractions


In the sprint of my life, I am thankful that a friend distracted me shortly yesterday through impersonations of Sylvester the Cat and reminders of Looney Tunes of yesteryear where cartoons seemed a lot more fun. I commented that each cartoon was only about six minutes long and speculated that the short-attention span of today's youth must have been known for yesterday's children. The stories aren't that long, but they're entertaining in a fun way.

Hearing the opening music, I was brought back to many joys experienced as a kid. Tweety, Bugs, Porky the Big, Pepe Le Pew, Road Runner and good ol' Elmer Fudd. A barnyard of friends before Elmo stole the show and tranformers captivated a more electronic audience.

So, this is posted as a memory. If you have a few minutes, you may walk down nostalgia lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment