Sunday, October 23, 2011

cuz I don't have Handy Man, Mike


I wanted to budget my heat this winter so I installed a programmable thermostat as my brother-in-law Mike taught me. Knowing I'm a nincompoop with home repairs, I relied on YouTube videos to help me along. The first system I bought didn't work at all. I thought I totally screwed it up, but then I realized the buttons weren't working once I hooked it up. I returned it, got another, and had much better success.

In fact, the heat just kicked on so I am feeling rather proud of myself. I hooked the wires up correctly and didn't need to call Mike once. Even so, I'm paranoid I did it wrong and I'm waiting for the my electricity to go out because I've caused a short or something. I guess only time will tell.

I tried calling the 1-800 number the first go-around, but YouTube (and this man) helped me to problem solve. Got to love modern technology. Now I can sleep cool and wake up warm. Wusah.

No comments:

Post a Comment