Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's quiet, but I can hear time screaming


I am amazed that I can begin my day so early because, before I know it, darkness has arrived and the day has disappeared. I've spent every second working, but the hour I run at the gym, and when I look at the clock, I am paralyzed. So much time is spent, and only baby steps are taken forward.

When I was in high school, I used to wear a pin that read, "Things of quality have no fear of time." I must be a schlep because I worry about time ALL THE TIME. I look up, and another twelve hours has disappeared. I have no clue if I've spent my day efficiently or stupidly. I just know I've been working.

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick

And today will be another day. I pray I will not be the man who goes mad like the one in Edgar Allen Poe's "Tell Tale Heart."
Refreshed, I must start to beat the clock once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment