Monday, June 6, 2011

Onondaga Lake Parkway


I've always known that walking muscles are different from running muscles and with the heavy lifting of dirt and filling the crater in my backyard, my usual runs, and the walks at Onondaga Lake Park, my leg muscles are sore. Even so, I've enjoyed walking the trail I walked many times as a high school student, especially as I get ready to depart for new territories.

The goose poop smells, the people watching is peculiar, but it is definitely one of the nicer romps in the Syracuse area, especially as you turn around at mile two and head towards the city with the lake on the right. It would be nice to know it was no longer polluted and that it was as pristine as it was meant to be. This commercial makes it look alluring. I guess we should count our blessings that it doesn't glow in the dark like some toxic waters do.

No comments:

Post a Comment