Monday, May 16, 2011

In case you missed it...


First, get through the commercial. Capitalism is still doing what it does best (and I'm thankful, because it provides me footage I can share on my 2011 dedication to noise).

On Sunday morning, during my coffee, I saw this and grew temporarily excited. Yes, I'm a cult follower of Willy Wonka and have used the movie as a metaphor in my life. I was excited to see how the characters aged, although I was perplexed by the fact that I'm aging, too. It is surreal to think about our milestones and how transient they are.

The wallpaper tastes like wallpaper! Violet had to go to school when she was still blue. Augustus sounds exactly the same. Charlie's losing his hair. The mom is wrinkled! Ouch.

Either way, I post this to welcome Monday and to wish you all a good work week. I hope you eat at least one chocolate bar, and if you're really lucky, you find a golden ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment