Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Time's Change


This caught my attention yesterday. I think it captured my eye only because history seems to matter more when you get older and when you're able to place your experiences into context of all the experiences before you. That's when it becomes miraculous to think about what led to what.

In a culture of constant stimulations and much play time for youth, I actually thought most of their responses were more on top of the world game than might be expected. It's hard to blame youth, because they know the American way (and will continue to know this way) until they gain knowledge and, perhaps, reflect on global history.

Truth is. History won't sit stlll and new shit will happen. It's inevitable. When they grow up and tell the next generation, it will seem just as distant.

1 comment:

  1. This quote from one of the little girls struck me:

    "They tried handling it with words and it didn't work."

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete