Friday, July 1, 2011

Bridgeport


I was taken for a tour of Bridgeport, CT, last night, including the beaches (and neglect) of the downtown area. It reminds me a lot of what Louisville looked like before they overhauled the Ohio River corridor and made a walking park that drew people back to the city. It's possible. I found this long video of sights of yesteryear and when Bridgeport (described by Biggie Smallz as little NYC) was much younger. Of course, this is not Biggie Smallz world.

One of the highlights of last night's tour was seeing the international homes PT Barnum built to host guests when they stayed. One is for sale and I was encouraged to see if I can get a tour as a man looking for a home. If I do, everyone said they want me to bring them along.

As where everywhere I've ever lived, there's a history and I'm looking forward to learning more and more of it each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment