Saturday, July 9, 2011

karaoke


I went to karaoke last night and the people I went with had talent. I enjoyed when they were called up to the mic and asked to sing. They deserved the time they were given and the applause they received. Others who performed reminded me of the Gong Show and my memory of the performers who deserved to be gonged. I suppose the 70s are alive in 2011, and shows like AMERICA'S GOT TALENT is a variation of the Gong Show. At local bars, Americans prove such talent.

It's been a while since I've gone to see people perform and I've forgotten how much some people, without talent, love their three minutes of fame. I am thankful that those who invited me out last night could sing. Others...well. Such is the risk one takes at a local bar on a Friday night. That's entertainment. I'm glad I was entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment