Saturday, August 20, 2011

Diana


When I was nineteen and living in London, I met a girl named Gina Armaro who adopted my CNY Sesame Street tendencies and introduced me to her world of NYC, activism, and zest for diversity. For many years, she and I remained friends and spiritually connected our journeys as we moved from location to location and constantly tried to apply what we learned from our Binghamton mentors to make the world a better place.

She contacted me yesterday to let me know that she's written a book that is taking off. Although she is living in Miami now, she will be back in these parts for a signing and she wanted me to be there.

It is amazing to think that twenty years have gone by since we walked in Regents Park and played on the beaches of Tintagel. There, she named me "Sea Horse" and announced the sea that she was Diana, princess of the ocean. It is great to hear from her again and to realize she's put her one-of-a-kind energy into a book that others can read. I can't wait to see what she has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment