Monday, August 15, 2011

There's a song for everything


I've realized that in Connecticut my allergies show themselves through sneezing and running eyes that burn red. This is new. In Kentucky I had sinus headaches from hell and in NY I had eczema and a clogged nose. Here, well, I cry a lot.

Living in a new space with hardwood floors, I'm realizing that there isn't a carpet to hide the dust rabbits that form. Instead, dust is easily scattered and disperses simply by walking by. Vacuums don't pick up the critters like they would on a carpet and I feel like crumbs are everywhere. I'm sure I'll get used to, but in the meantime, I will need to invest in Visine and tissues.

Strange how much of an effect location has on the breathing of a human being. It seems to me that Santa Fe, New Mexico was the only space I've ever been where my allergies weren't haywire.

No comments:

Post a Comment