Friday, August 19, 2011

Sticker Shock


I ran to get a few things at the store tonight and froze. It might be that Connecticut is insanely expensive or it could be that the transition from making no money to making money again has me conservative or it could be that I'm paying rent and a mortgage at the same time, but I was shocked.

People are losing their jobs, the housing market has tanked, unemployment is up, and grocery prices are rising. It's insane. And I recognize we are the land of wealth and joy, but this is a bit over the top these days.

And I saw, too, that crime in coupon theft is on the rise because people are doing anything to save a penny. I don't know. Something doesn't feel right about the direction this is all going. It's something to keep an eye on.

$12 for a container of coffee. What? $15 for laundry detergent?@!

No comments:

Post a Comment