Friday, September 30, 2011

Budgets


I was pulled into a meeting yesterday trying to make sense of numbers from yesteryear (before I was here) with speculation of tomorrow (now that I'm here) in the off chance that these funds or those funds arrive. If I calculate FICA, and remember in cost contributions, and divide it by the square root of income taxes of owning a home and paying high Connecticut rents, I can report my numbers into an equation that makes sense to morticians. Then, if I die, what will be left with my inheritance?

Actually, it wasn't that bad. I did have to figure out where money has been spent and where it could be spent while a room of friends tried to make sense of how money was reported when money was coming to us, and what will happen now that the money has been removed.

It was fun. I was planning on revising all day, but instead of letters I got overwhelmed with numbers. It makes sense now, but I do have a headache and am very ready for calmer sailing. Really I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment