Sunday, September 4, 2011

Yeah, Oh


All through high school and into college my Nissan Sentra, Cecilia, played my cassettes of the German band, Yello. I first heard them in Ferris Bueller's Day Off and I collected every tape they made, spending my checks from Sibley's and then Kaufman's. I didn't know they had videos. This is the first time I've even seen what the musicians look like.

Funny how they are a marker to a time that once was, but I only had a picture in my head of what the musicians were like. I knew they had to be quirky, and I was right. And I have all my cassettes but no cassette player. Like the CDs I also own, they are now obsolete...the records and 8 tracks for my generation.

And the day will come where .mp3 players and ITunes will be a remember when.

No comments:

Post a Comment