Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chuckle Patch


When I was an undergraduate I met a girl who was from Scarsdale. Her mother was Paula (I believe) on The Magic Garden. I remember her telling me that Sherlock, the squirrel, was in a box under a bed in her home - the show was cancelled and everyone moved onto their lives.

I reflected on this tonight as I drove home from the university. I began to think about how beautiful college was for me because I met people from so many backgrounds and who had parents who did work in many occupations. It always humored me that Victoria's mother ran a children's show and although I never met her, she was a part of my upbringing. I loved when she picked a joke from the Chuckle Patch.

I think we need a new garden for kids and if anyone wants to hire me, I'd love to help with the programming. I'd also love to be reunited with Victoria. She had a tremendous impact on my mind while I was learning my way in the world. Hmmmm. I wonder where she is?

No comments:

Post a Comment